Rush Springs Watermelon Festival
Mark your calendars for the Watermelon Festival in Chickasaw Country!
This annual event celebrates the rush of local seasonal watermelons with watermelon-themed activities, carnival rides and family-friendly entertainment. The Rush Springs Watermelon Festival has been an annual event since 1948, and has grown to over 20,000 festival-goers each year!
The event will feature a seed-spitting contest, an arts and craft fair featuring over 100 vendors, carnival rides, live entertainment, stage shows, on-site food vendors and a classic automotive show!
Come for a day of refreshing watermelon festivities in Rush Springs! Please see event details below for the schedule...
Watermelon Festival Schedule
- 7:30 am - 5K Run
- 9:00 am - Open Ceremonies
- 9:30 am - Tiny Tots contest to select Little Mr. & Miss Rush Springs - local residents only
- 11:00 am - Registration for seed spitting begins
- 11:45 pm- Announce Tiny Tot Winners
- 12 - Seed Spitting contest
- 1:00 - 4pm- Live Music
- 4:00 pm - Free watermelon slices served ($1/slice prior to this time)
- 5:00 pm - Prize melon auction
- 5:30 pm - LiveMusic
- 7:00 pm - Watermelon Queen coronation