Join the Chisholm Trail Heritage Center this year as they revive a Duncan tradition.
The Chisholm Trail Heritage Center is bringing the Western Spirit Celebration back to town. The day starts with a Chuck Wagon cook-off. This year, the wagons will compete to make the best beans, biscuits, and cobbler.
See below for the schedule.
- Prizes will be announced at 11:45 a.m., and then you will have the opportunity to chat with the cooks and sample some of their food.
- Historical reenactor Wallace Moore will be there from 12 - 5 p.m. telling stories about the Buffalo Soldiers.
- Roy Cox is bringing his stock dogs for a demonstration at 1 p.m.
- Chickasaw Dancers will perform at 2 p.m. and 4 p.m.
- Gary Pratt will close out the day with a performance from 3 - 5 p.m.