Come enjoy a day of fun at the annual Alex Founder’s Day Celebration in Alex, Oklahoma!
This celebration has a wide assortment of events including a fish fry, car show, bass fishing tournament, 5k Run, pageant, chili cook-off, kids play area, live music and much more! The Founder’s Day Celebration kicks off at 10 a.m. Dinner will be served starting at 4:30 p.m. in the community park. The live entertainment will be a performance by Billy Elkins!
If you are wanting to participate in the car show, bass tournament, or 5k run, see below for more information.
All applications and entry forms are available for pick-up at The First National Bank in Alex during regular business hours.
- Registration is from 9 a.m. – 11 a.m.
- Parade is at 2 p.m.
- Entry is $20
- Judging will take place at noon
- There will be 22 classes and a burnout contest
- The first 50 to enter get a gift bag and t-shirt
- Trophies are awarded to 1st and 2nd place in each class
- Other awards include “Best of Show,” “Kids’ Choice,” and “Hero’s Choice.”
Bass Fishing Tournament:
- 2-man team maximum
- $40 per team to enter
- Biggest stringer has a 6 fish max
- $10 entry fee for biggest bass
- Must preregister by 8 p.m. on Sep. 6.
- Fish must be alive and caught on rod and reel
- All state rules and regulations apply
- Weigh in will be held from noon – 3 p.m.
- Cash prizes for 1st and 2nd place stringer
- Biggest Bass wins entire pot
- Starts at 7:30 a.m.
- $25-dollar registration fee includes a free t-shirt