It’s that time of year again – the Stratford Peach Festival is almost here! If you love peaches, festivals, and small-town Oklahoma charm, this is the festival for you. Last year, I experienced the peach festival for the first time, and I can’t wait to go back to eat more peaches this year.
The crazy Oklahoma weather froze a few of the Stratford peaches this year, but don’t worry, there will still be plenty of peaches for you to eat. Are you ready for a weekend full of eating peaches, cheering at the rodeo, shopping at the farmers market and riding carnival rides? Before the fun begins, read this go-to guide for your weekend plans.
Thursday, July 19
Stratford is the place to be the weekend of the peach festival. The fun will kick-off with a parade in downtown Stratford at 5:30 p.m. After that, put on your boots and cowboy hat for the annual Stratford rodeo at 8 p.m.
The fun will continue on Friday with the rodeo at 8 p.m. After the rodeo, go home and get a good night’s rest because Saturday will be a big day.
Saturday is full of activities! Lace up your running shoes for the Peach Festival 5K at 6:30 a.m. After you’re done with your run, refuel with a FREE pancake breakfast at the park. After your stomach is full, it is time for the main event - The Stratford Peach Festival Opening Ceremonies at 9 a.m. in the park. Throughout the day, there will be a peach cook-off, car show, live music, turtle races and more! Don’t forget to try the homemade peach tea and the homemade peach ice cream! And remember, the final night of the rodeo begins at 8 p.m. on Saturday night.
Tips for the Stratford Peach Festival
- You don’t want to leave the festival with a sunburn. So, bring sunscreen and put it on every few hours.
- There will be lots of peaches and other fresh produce at the festival that you will want to buy and take home with you. Bring an ice chest so your goodies will stay fresh until you are home
- You’ll be walking a lot, so don’t forget to wear comfy shoes.
- Sulphur is only 20 miles away! Make a weekend out of it and stay at The Artesian Hotel, The Chickasaw Retreat and Conference Center, or a local cabin!
- Don’t forget to follow Chickasaw Country on social media for updates and use #routecc on social so we can see your pictures!
I can’t wait to see you in Stratford for the 42ndStratford Peach Festival!