Hi friends! Katie here.
Labor Day Weekend is near, and this means the unofficial end of the summer season. There are several changes that come with Labor Day weekend. For one, put away those white pants. Wearing them after Labor Day is a no-no. Then you’ll be changing your summer décor to pumpkins and fall colors. And, maybe it’s an unspoken rule, but you’ll want to send the summer off in a spectacular fashion this holiday weekend!
And what better place to say farewell to summer than in Chickasaw Country!
I’ve found some of the best places for you to visit while you’re in Chickasaw Country for the holiday weekend.
- Chickasaw Cultural Center Labor Day Celebration –On Saturday and Sunday, come experience stomp dancing, demonstrations and activities fun for the whole family!
- Pauls Valley Opry – This Saturday night at 6:30 p.m., the Pauls Valley Opry will kick off. This event features the Memory Makers Band and a variety of musicians and vocalists each month.
- PBR: Built Ford Tough Series – PRB is back at WinStar World Casino and Resort this Labor Day Weekend! Don’t miss the excitement and thrill of seeing some of the best bull riders in the world try to hang on for eight seconds.
- Real Cowboys Exhibit at the Chisholm Trail Heritage Center – Continuing with the cowboy theme, check out the ongoing exhibit that feature stories, photos and displays of real cowboys of the Chisholm Trail.
- The Lakes and Parks of Chickasaw Country – Chickasaw Country is home to many lakes, including Lake Texoma, Lake Murray and Lake of the Arbuckles, and all of them are great for those Labor Day activities. You should check out the Chickasaw National Recreation Area, and the ever-popular Turner Falls during your visit.
When you’re on the road, be sure to download and listen to our podcasts to learn more about the area and what you should check out! And as always, use #routeCC on Twitter or Instagram so we can share your adventure in Chickasaw Country!
Have a great Labor Day weekend!