Hi friends! Kalli here.
I’m waving goodbye to summer and saying hello to fall this weekend in Chickasaw Country! I love summer, but there is something about fall that is pretty great too! I have always loved the cooler weather, football season, fall decorations and fall fashion!
Join me in saying goodbye to summer this weekend by exploring these fun events this Labor Day weekend!
- Chickasaw Cultural Center Labor Day Celebration – On Saturday and Sunday, experience stomp dancing, demonstrations and activities fun for the whole family! This event is a great way to learn about the Chickasaw people and culture!
- Pontotoc Co. Fair and the Johnston Co. Fair– Ready for fair food and fair rides? Bring the family to Ada and Tishomingo on Friday night for lots of fair fun!
- PBR: Built Ford Tough Series – The PRB is back at WinStar World Casino and Resort this Labor Day Weekend! Don’t miss the excitement and thrill of seeing some of the best bull riders in the world try to hang on for eight seconds. I guess it’s the toughest sport on dirt for a reason!
- Loose Caboose Festival – Swing by Purcell on Saturday for a fun day of food, music, art, crafts, antiques and collectibles. Make sure you stop by the booths that offer wine tasting from local vineyards!
- Lakes and Parks in Chickasaw Country – Chickasaw Country is home to many lakes, including Lake Texoma, Lake Murray and Lake of the Arbuckles, and all of them are great for those Labor Day activities. You should check out the Chickasaw National Recreation Area, and the ever-popular Turner Falls during your visit.
While you are on the road, be sure to stop for gas and a quick snack at the Chickasaw Travel Stops! And as always, use #routeCC on Twitter and Instagram so we can share your adventure in Chickasaw Country!
Happy Labor Day Weekend!