Hi friends! Kalli here.
I don’t know about you, but I’m pumped that it’s no longer 100 degrees outside! It is Oklahoma, so who knows when the weather is going to change, but for now I’m thankful for the cooler temperatures! During this time of year, it’s perfect to spend time outdoors and enjoy the sunshine before winter hits!
My favorite thing to do in the fall is spend an afternoon with my friends at local agritourism stops! Agritourism is widespread throughout south-central Oklahoma with a variety of activities to choose from. From pumpkin farms, to trail rides and hay mazes to ranches, here are some of my favorite destinations to experience agritourism.
- Addison Ranch: This is for all the hunters! This ranch is a whitetail wonderland and a hunter’s paradise! It is family owned and operated in Marietta and offers a variety of hunts!
- Arbuckle Trail Rides: Grab your cowboy boots and hit the trails in the Arbuckle Mountains! At Wolfe Ranch in Sulphur, you can take a relaxing horseback ride on a guided tour through the beautiful mountain scenery.
- Baker’s Acres and Baker Pecans: Bring your family to Baker’s Acres in Tishomingo for fun on the farm! In October you can pick out the perfect pumpkin, but during the winter months you can stop by for delicious homegrown pecans!
- Pennington Creek Hunting Club: Take a trip to Whitetail Deer country in Mill Creek! This beautiful hunting club has over 9,400 acres of privately owned ranch land with for hunting deer, hog, turkey, or bass fishing.
- Brown’s Farm and Garden: This pumpkin patch has 42 acres of pumpkins in Chickasha! This is the perfect place to find a pumpkin or corn stalks, straw, gourds and corn!
- Sam’s Duck Club: If you are a hunter, this is the place for you! It is located in Marietta and offers guest to do wildlife watching and photography, airboat bow fishing and hunting!
- Minco Honey: Satisfy your sweet tooth at the Minco Honey Festival in December! You can tour the Ross Honey Plant, Oklahoma’s largest honey processing facility that was opened in 1935 and try all the sweet honey!
While you are out and about this fall remember to use #routecc and maybe we’ll share your photo on our Instagram feed!
Here’s to making the season count!