Saturday, August 23, 2014
About the Chickasaw Nation
Close your eyes and imagine dropping your line into a crystal-clear lake against the backdrop of an azure sky. Close them again and picture hearing centuries-old stories told with friends, new and old, around the warmth of an autumn campfire. Close them one more time and dream of the haul from hitting the jackpot, with a casino staff celebrating your victory with you.
Welcome to Chickasaw Country, where these visions, and so many more, can become reality with a short drive into our 7,648 square miles in the 13 south-central Oklahoma counties that comprise the Chickasaw Nation.
- Rattle your taste buds with knock-your-socks off barbecue, mouth-watering steaks and delectable fried pies.
- Explore the Chickasaw National Recreation Area to find the ancient hills and gorgeous bodies of water that dazzle visitors to our continental climate replete with seasonable weather year-round.
- Soak up the sun while you enjoy water skiing, wake boarding or tubing at Lake Texoma.
- Visit the Chickasaw Cultural Center in Sulphur for live performances and multimedia exhibits that make tradition and heritage come to life.
- Test your luck at WinStar World Casino and Resort, where everyone leaves a winner thanks to our world-class hotel, dining, shopping and entertainment.
ChickasawCountry.com makes your online experience a vehicle to your vacation experience. Use our Trip Planner to chart the map for your adventure at our myriad attractions, casinos, hotels and restaurants. Additionally, a booking bot will make those affordable accommodations a snap to book. And our user-friendly mobile site makes it simple to learn about Chickasaw Country while you’re on the go.
Thank you for visiting www.chickasawcountry.com. We know once you visit Chickasaw Country, and experience its beauty, wonder and excitement, you’ll be back soon.